A Project of the Coast Guard Aviation Association

Manufacturer: Sikorsky

HO5S 1G 300x212

Sikorsky HO5S-1G (1952)

Sikorsky HO5S-1G  Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation’s two-seat S-52, the first helicopter to have all-metal rotor blades, first flew on 12 February 1947. Sikorsky developed a four-seat

Read More »
HO3S-1G

Sikorsky HO3S-1G (1946)

Sikorsky HO3S-1G Four Sikorsky S-51 helicopters, which had been sold to small commercial operators after WWII, were returned to Sikorsky. Sikorsky had originally designed the

Read More »
HO2S 1G 2 300x220

Sikorsky HO2S-1 (1946)

Sikorsky HO2S-1 The Coast used two HO2S-1s to test and develop helicopter dipping Sonar for ASW operations. In January of 1946 LT. Stewart Graham reported

Read More »