The Coast Guard acquired 1 Model 10-B Electra, which the Coast Guard designated R3O-1, for use as the commandant’s flagship on 19 April 1936.The Coast Guard initially registered the Lockheed as No. 383, then changed it to V151. In addition to serving the commandant, this aircraft was also made available to the Secretary of the Treasury as well. The aircraft served the Coast Guard well but was traded to the Marine Corps in 1945 for a Grumman J2F. The commandant’s executive transport aircraft by then was a Lockheed R-5O Lodestar, USCG No. 12453, acquired in 1942.