Beech JRB-4/5 “Expeditor”
The Coast Guard acquired seven JRB-4 and JRB-5 aircraft between 1943 and 1947 and operated them primarily as transports. The final JRB was acquired in 1947. Two were transferred to the Navy in 1948 and 1949 while the remaining five stayed in service until 1956. One, Beech JRB-4 (Bureau No. 44605) served with the Coast Guard Reserve in the post-war years. Another was modified to assist the Coast and Geodetic Survey Service in harbor mapping and photography.